Monday, May 2, 2016

May Days

I am still here! Kind of.

I'll admit, things have been all kinds of up and down. I haven't been running regularly or even walking. My eating has been... a bit like my politics, that is, pretty darned liberal. As a result, I'm still hovering around the 280 mark, though once in a while I dip back down to 275 (like I did last weekend). I'm hyper aware of it all but also felt like I really needed a break. I even stopped using MyFitnessPal – the app and everything. I'm not sure if it's temporary, we'll see. My account is still there.

That said, I have run two races in the past few weeks (a 5 mile trail run and a 5K), and I'm scheduled for my first 10K race this Saturday! So all is not lost. I don't feel super prepared for the 10K, but I have run the distance before so I know I can do it. At the very least the course is flat and picturesque, along the Niagara River. All I have to do is run a 5K twice in a row!

I've been meaning to write race reports for both races and just haven't felt like it yet.

In general I've been kind of blah, but I have high hopes for the coming weeks – if nothing else, we'll be playing tennis again starting this week and that will get me active on a very regular basis again. I am really looking forward to that!

For now I will just leave you with the victory bathroom selfie I took after last week's 5K. I had forgotten to bring my phone to the race, the horrors! So I had to wait to get home, but whatever! The smile says it all.

Post-Envirun in Niagara Falls!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're back! I hear ya on needing a break. It's just practice maintenance, anyway, which is nothing but good good good :)
    Nice smile in your post-run pic! Looks like you enjoyed it and that's great.
    Wendy @ fitteratfortyish.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete