Sunday, June 28, 2015

Four Weeks

I'd like to get a Public bike one day, so stylish! Image: http://publicbikes.com/c/PRESS

Within the next four weeks, I want to...

... lose 8-10 pounds.
As I mentioned in the last post, this is something I want to do because things have been so slow and I really want to put a concerted effort in, plus I want to earn that $25 Fleet Feet gift certificate! Starting at 281, wanting to get down to at least 273 by the end of July. (272 puts me at 100 pounds lost, btw!)

... learn how to kayak.
My region has several options and ample opportunities for this!

... get my bicycle road-ready, suit up with some fun accessories, and ride!
I'm going to take a couple classes here, and I'm researching a number of bike blogs (see sidebar).

... go on a hike, even just a short one.
One of our very local favorites is Buckhorn Island, which takes you right along the edge of the Niagara River.

... play more tennis.
Wimbledon starts tomorrow, will be watching the pros for inspiration and continue to try to improve. We're also getting more demo racquets to test out this week.

... run four times a week.
NoBo started again last week! So happy. Two group runs each week, and two homework runs. I really can't wait to get some much-needed new running sneaks.

... include stretching and strength exercises in my regular routine.
I've been slacking on these. My pal Amy F. was telling me about a new habit she's started – whenever she gets up to go to the bathroom at work, she does a set of 20 strength exercises, like squats, wall push-ups, etc. I think this is a brilliant idea and I'll be trying it myself.

What would you like to get done in your July?

No comments:

Post a Comment