Friday, January 9, 2009

Getting through

TGIF! No, really.

I came down with a cold very suddenly on Wednesday and feeling lousy. You know how most people don't feel like eating when they are sick? I'm just the opposite, generally. Fortunately, I did OK with my weigh this morning... yesterday I saw a tiny gain but today I'm down to 319.6. Hey, that's almost two pounds this week so far, not shabby!

I've got all sorts of interesting things going on in my life right now that go along really well with the whole "2009 is my year" thing. Sure, I had "Team 2008" last year, but 2009 is going to blow that out of the water. When I am excited about other things that aren't health or fitness-related, it makes it that much easier to be excited about those things, too. It's, like, wholistic -- it all goes hand in hand in hand. Success begets success. I know I am being pretty general here, but I want to wait to talk about any of that other stuff for a while, until things have developed more. Suffice it to say that I am in a pretty good place mentally and emotionally right now, today, at this moment. I'll take 'em however I can get 'em. ;)

Yesterday I didn't take care to track my food, but I will get right back on that today. I remember last year when I started letting go of certain portions of my routine because I felt I didn't need them anymore... well, that's when I very gradually started reverting back to old habits. Sure, it did take a few months, but before you knew it, the pounds started piling back on. This year, I resolve to stick with these routine items (tracking food, weighing in every day) no matter how boring or unnecessary they might seem somewhere down the line when I am feeling smug. It's those little things that really keep you accountable and on track.

This weekend I am looking forward to relaxing and getting better. I've got two(!) Pilates DVDs that I am really excited to start (Pilates for Dummies and Pilates for Weight Loss for Dummies, in case you were wondering) come next week.

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to hearing what you think of those Pilates DVDs. I've been hearing so much about Pilates lately, and I'm wondering if it's something I would like.

    ReplyDelete