Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Food Diary 2/23

Things have been going well. Yesterday I was on the road all day driving to and from Potsdam, NY to deliver thirty-five pieces of art to the gallery at the SUNY college there. All told, it was a 12-hour trip and I did pack some healthy snacks, and two water bottles. I drank both water bottles and ate an apple and some raisins, but we didn't stop to eat a meal until about 3:30pm. I ended up ordering a big old jalapeno cheeseburger and some garlic mashed potatoes, which I savored and enjoyed, fully expecting to have to do a steak day today.

Surprise! Instead I dropped a half pound. Got lucky. :)

I don't know about today. That Chinese for lunch will probably get me with its sodium, but no matter.

Also, can you tell I love steak? I am surprised I am not all steaked out by now, but I do really enjoy it. The one I made tonight was particularly good; the olive oil really improves the flavor (I also put minced garlic on it, too, before I throw it in the pan.

***

Here's what I'm working on today.

Breakfast
Raisin Bran with whole milk and a sprinkle of sugar


Lunch
Chinese take-out: General Tsao's bean curd (about a cup) and 1/2 c. or so of white rice, and one eggroll

(Not the best choice, I know. I ended up eating in a real hurry in order to get to work on time, too! Ugh.)


Snack
handful of raisins
half a sliced cucumber


Dinner
8oz. chuck eye steak
8oz. brussels sprouts
about 1.5T olive oil

Snack
TBA

No comments:

Post a Comment