Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Get My Head Right

One thing I have noticed about doing this program is that because it is so restrictive, I can respond in one of several ways. One, I want to rebel against it, and even get pretty mad about it sometimes. Two, I "get with it" and find myself reverting back to my late high school days when I would be pleased about NOT eating. My third response seems to be something resembling normal behavior, that is, following the regimen, eating what I am supposed to eat, and being done with it. No drama.

I wish it could be the latter all the time, but maybe someday it will. I consider myself a lifelong learner and goodness knows that there are some things that I need to unlearn, like those unhealthy behaviors.

Yesterday, I ended up having a nice lunch of shrimp and cauliflower curry — a nice big helping. I had the amount of shrimp allotted, but probably had "too many" vegetables (ha! Is there such a thing?). It filled me up and was very satisfying, and I was so pleased with it that I ended up not eating again for the rest of the day.

The sad thing is, I was so proud of myself! I was certain to lose a LOT of weight now, I thought. I went to bed hungry and woke up hungry, but it got me the same loss I've been getting all week: just about a pound.

Hey, I am not complaining, but it just goes to show that starving oneself is not a solution. I mean, I knew that, but you know, sometimes it takes something obvious for me to accept it. Not to mention, starving myself is no fun and not healthy.

So, today, I was back on the program in the sense that I am eating what I should be eating. I had a nice pork chop and some roasted asparagus for lunch, and a little steak and brussels sprouts for dinner. Strawberries for dessert. Lots of water for the rest of the evening. Steady as she goes.

Bonus! We got several inches of snow last night, so I got some exercise in the form of shoveling. It can go melt now.

Down to 312 and change. Zow.

No comments:

Post a Comment