Monday, November 24, 2014

Small and small

Small plates are rad.
Photo from http://www.laimisenergy.com/

While I am not too worried about how I'm going to do on Thanksgiving with my eating and stuff, I really liked the ideas this article suggests. And yes, the small plate tactic really works! The other day for dinner I just wanted a little bit of what we were having, so I thought, "Why don't I just use a smaller plate – I don't need all that space," and lo! I had a smaller portion and it was just enough. I like the coziness of a small plate.

I like using small forks, too. (I guess those are dessert forks?) I don't know. My boyfriend thinks it's weird, and I suppose it is. But the plate thing makes sense. In fact, I'm having a revelation – why not use the small plate ALL the time? Hmmm...

I actually think I will.

Oh my gosh – there is an actual movement for this kind of thing. Small Plate Movement. What do you know.

In other news, my 32-minute walk for the Thanksgiving Challenge was indeed a challenge. Some days are like that, I guess. Today, I am thankful that I indeed have the ability to go walking around without too much trouble. I am thankful for having beautiful neighborhoods to walk in, both at home and at work. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard of the small plate thing, but somehow always feel too greedy when push comes to shove to actually use one. Maybe I'll give it a try, because sometimes I am easily fooled by manipulating serving sizes!

    ReplyDelete