Sunday, May 1, 2011

What I ate today

The further I go along in this program, the more I feel adjusted to the amount of food I eat. As a reminder, here is what I am supposed to eat each day:

No breakfast, but can have coffee or tea

Lunch & dinner, each: 4 oz. lean meat/seafood, 2-3 cups vegetables, 1-2 fruits, and 2 melba toast or grissini breadstick.

Recently we've been flat broke, so the past couple days have been more challenging to try to get what I need in each day. Yesterday, for instance, I didn't eat as much as I should have. Today, I was able to get everything in, but funny enough, I feel like I went overboard somehow. That's why I wanted to take notes about what I ate today, because I know that I didn't.

Lunch

Bowl of mixed greens with sliced strawberries and balsamic vinegar
1 small corn muffin (I made these for my partner and had one because I ran out of Melba toast, but forgot that I had grissini)
Sliced apple with spoonful of peanut butter

Dinner

Roasted cauliflower with one teaspoon of olive oil, salt and pepper
~8 oz. steak
Four grissini breadsticks
Sliced apple with spoonful of peanut butter

I ate all my protein at dinner, and yes, I had the verboten peanut butter and olive oil, but that is not unusual for me. Why do I feel so full? It is downright weird! I guess that it is just female stuff, with my tummy in a dull pain and feeling loagy in general.

It's nice to see that I stayed on track. I haven't had any urges to snack in between meals or in the evening at all this round, which is so great. I've been focusing instead on doing things around the house, keeping things in order, preparing my studio for an intense work period and hopefully some studio visits... I guess it is my lifestyle that is changing quite a lot, too.

Don't get me wrong. I still have trouble with certain things, like eating out. On Friday, for instance, I went out for Indian food with a couple former co-workers. It was great because I haven't seen them in so long, but on the other hand, I found it really hard to stay on program, or even to just avoid starchy foods even though at home I wouldn't generally think about indulging in, say, four pieces of naan. So there is clearly some behavior that is going to take time to unlearn, but I'm getting there. Having that awareness is a good step in the right direction, at least. I think my main problem with eating out is that it always feels like a special occasion, and so then "why not?" eat what I want? That is a mindset that I need to adjust.

Looking forward to another good day tomorrow. Last day of class at the college where I teach! Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment