Friday, June 5, 2009

Posting from NH, Part 2

Yesterday I had planned to wake up early to have a walk/run before my dad got home from some errands, but I ended up sleeping in until 9am! Late for me. (Don't worry, I made up for it later.) Dad wanted to take me out to breakfast at one of his favorite places, Froggy's which has some fun frog decor—total small town diner type breakfast joint, as good as know it is going to be. I had a pretty typical diner breakfast: two eggs over easy, with a side of bacon (five slices, I think?) and a hearty helping of hash browns and your average wheat toast. The good thing about hanging out with my dad, lest you think how terrible that was, is that that meal was meant to hold us over until dinner, and, surprisingly enough, it did—and we didn't eat until 8pm! In between the meals, we did a lot of running around town. Later on, once we were back home, dad offered me the chance to dig up quite a lot of plants to take home to my garden, which I did gladly! I spent a couple hours digging and potting to my heart's content, and got my heart rate going, too.

Dinner was light but delicious—shrimp and scallops with veggies and red creamer potatoes on the grill. Very yummy and healthy, just right. We also had some of my stepmom's homemade chocolate candies she made for my birthday— I had two. And then, exhausted, I went to bed.

This morning I felt like total crap (I've been having the period from hell), but decided to try a walk/run anyway. My stepmom went with me, and while I did my C25K routine, she walked steadily... I turned around at my halfway point while she continued on to walk a circle of 4 miles! I got my ass kicked by the hills on their road on the way back, sweating like a pig but also feeling quite accomplished. It was hella slowgoing, but I "ran" when I was supposed to and got the sequence done. Now onto Week 5! I may try it tomorrow, we'll see. I will get my ass kicked again, but it did make me feel a little better.

LATER—much later

Today turned out to be a rough day, in a way. I was feeling poorly because of my period—very, very tired, achey, and just generally down and out. Totally not social, for sure. Those circumstances, coupled with not having anything to eat since breakfast, set me up for a bad situation. My dad and stepmom had a camping trip planned near their house, and I opted to stay overnight at the house. I'm not much of a camping gal. Well, with the way I was feeling this afternoon, I also opted to just go back to the house rather than hang out and have dinner with them and their friends. I was weepy and I was missing home and C. and the cats, I think. At that point it was almost 4 in the afternoon and I was also starving, which I am sure didn't help my state of mind. So, what do I do but decide to go to the grocery store and get a frozen pizza for dinner. Considering that I hadn't eaten much of anything yet, plus the monster hilly walk, I figured it would fit in no problem. I also got some red grapes to munch on. But then the real wallowing began. I found a slice of chocolate chocolate cake in the bakery section (well, my birthday IS coming up, after all), and then I thought for some reason it would be a good idea to get a nice bag of Smartfood popcorn. Top that off with two cans of regular Coke and you have an evening filled with self-pity, angst, and overeating. I didn't really enjoy it that much, even. I was just lonely, tired, hungry, and frustrated, and I reacted to it in my tried and true way... except that it really isn't tried and true.

All I can say is... this week has been a monster with my period being the way it has been (I think it is finally dying down), plus I have gotten lost driving around three or four times in the past two days. I'm pretty exhausted. And I am around people who really only eat twice a day for the most part, which is hard for me. It leaves me vulnerable to binges, obviously.

Today's tally:

Yogurt and Kashi GoLean Crunch
One whole frozen thick-crust cheese pizza (Primo Rustico Thick Crust six-cheese pizza, 360 calories per serving and I ate all six servings, ugh!)
about 1/3 to 1/2 bag of Smartfood (a regular bag, not snack size)
a slice of chocolate cake
two cans of Coke
water, water, water
A few sips of champagne

It sucks, but tomorrow's a new day. That's all I have to say. Before I know it, I will be back at home with my normal routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment