Monday, November 30, 2015

Back to the Drawing Board

I faced the music this morning on the scale: 272.

That means I gained about 7 pounds from Thanksgiving morning until this morning.

Boo hoo hoo.

Today I am back on it and determined to make my new goal for the end of the year: 258, which I am pretty certain I can do.

Disappointing? Yes.

But, since I am in this for life I know I will get to where I want to be eventually. Maybe just not next year. On the positive side, I am learning from every single tangent/sidebar/misstep I make. Truly.

Sometimes I feel kind of stupid continuing this blog because it seems like I am making zero progress in many months, but if you're willing to humor me, I'm keeping at it. It helps to hash it out here publicly. Maybe it is a little embarrassing, but maybe it is also helpful. Both my partner and I are feeling a little discouraged, but we have vowed to each other that we're NOT giving up.

I might show my second monthly gain in this history for November, but most assuredly I will make marked progress to round out the year.

A promise to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment