Friday, November 4, 2016

Days 3 & 4 of Gratitude

Seen in Toronto, Canada last week. Stay-Puft is so joyful!

OK, after yesterday's shit storm of a post, I need to get back to a more grateful mindset. These prompts are kind of funny/odd to me, but I'll go with them.

Day 3: What color are you most grateful for?

I've actually been thinking about this since I saw what was ahead, and I still don't have a good response. I suppose I am grateful for each and every color I am able to see – I guess it is more about being grateful for the gift of sight that I do have (even though I am blind as a bat without glasses, my sight is still correctable!). As a painter, I am most grateful for ultramarine blue, perhaps, the color I use to start almost every painting.

Just from a "favorite" standpoint, the colors I gravitate toward are orange (the whole range!), Tiffany blue, and burgundy. And, black, if that counts, because I will always, always be an art student at heart.

Day 4: What food are you most grateful for?

These prompts are really tough! Again, I am grateful for the fact that I have easy access to just about any food I could possibly want or need, and that I always have enough money to feed myself without much trouble. That obvious point aside, I am so grateful to live in a culture in which pizza is so pervasive. It is hands-down my favorite food, so much that I even like bad pizza. I mean, is there really any truly bad pizza? (OK, yes – I am looking at YOU, George's in Niagara Falls, NY. Holy cow, it was bad. Like a Chef Boy-ar-dee crust and canned tomato soup for sauce. Really???)

Also, ice cream and homemade bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment