Wednesday, November 2, 2016

November: 30 Days of Gratitude

Today I spotted this chart on a friend's Facebook post and decided that I would grab it and post here about what I am thankful for throughout the month. I need something this right now – being sick for so long is throwing me off and getting me down. (I finally went to Urgent Care last night and confirmed what I suspected, that I have a sinus infection! Antibiotics should do the trick.)

Anyway, here is the full chart (click to view larger). I will post here every few days to share what I feel grateful for. I would love to hear yours,  too – please post a comment to share!



Day 1: Thankful for all the delicious scents at the LUSH store! I went to the mall and the movies with my pal Lara yesterday after work, and indulged in a bunch of bath stuffs as well as a little bottle of my favorite LUSH perfume, Karma. I am wearing it today and it makes me happy whenever I catch a whiff (especially as opposed to the usual lately – the smell of being sick! YUCK). Sidebar: Also grateful that my life is not a fraction as crazy as the trio of women in The Girl on the Train, which is the movie we saw. Holy cow. But, can you say plush reclining seats in the theater? Niiice.

Day 2: The technology question. This is a hard one. I can still remember the thrill of watching a music video on a desktop computer for the first time (Cat Power's Cross Bones Style in 1998). There is so much, but I guess in my own life I am really grateful that I have the ability to work at home when I need to, because of remote server technology and email. Yay!



In other news, I won't be weighing in until Saturday but fear that I have gained everything I lost again. I feel crappy still, from being sick, and haven't been super diligent about my eating in the past few days purely out of laziness and frustration and just "deservedness", I guess – you know when you're feeling bad for whatever reason and you just don't want to have to care about your eating, that gosh darn it, you deserve to be able to eat whatever and however? Yeah. That's been me, more or less.

It will be very disappointing, but if that is what is happening, weight-wise, the good news is that I can keep trying and that there is no deadline. I have to keep reminding myself of this fact!

Argh. Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment