Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Gratitude Catch-Up

It's been days and days since my last gratitude post. I have some catching up to do!

(Related but not on the list, today I am super grateful to have off from work tomorrow until the following Monday! Hooray for long holiday weekends. I have worked at jobs where I was required to work holidays, so I never take this for granted.)

Day 17: What knowledge are you grateful for?

I think the better question here is, what knowledge am I NOT grateful for? I am like a sponge and love learning new things, always. If I could go to college forever, I would, which is one of the reasons why I still teach (online) – I always learn something with every new set of students I have. I don't mind getting older because I know I am only getting smarter. Give me all the knowledge.

Miro's painting at the Albright-Knox Art Gallery, Buffalo, NY.

Day 18: What piece of art are you grateful for?

Oh wow – as many of you may know, I am an artist. So while this is kind of an easy one, it's also a hard one because there have been so many works of art that have been important to me. However, I always come back to this one sculpture that has been in my life since my first visits to the Albright-Knox Art Gallery as a child in the 70s – Marisol's Baby Girland also The Generals by the same artist. Oh! But then there is Nikki de Saint Phalle's Nana. It's funny, because I've really never done any sculpture myself, and these pieces are pretty different from anything I've made... but maybe they aren't really. Anyway. They all made a big impression on a young girl from a nearby farm town. Oh, oh, sorry – I can't leave out Miro, either. His Femme et oiseaux dans la nuit was an early source of fascination for me. All of these art experiences helped shape who I am at my core. I knew from an early age that I wanted to be an artist.

Day 19: What touch are you grateful for?

It is easy to say I am always happy to be near my partner of almost 17 years and feel his touch. Aw!

Day 20: What in your life are you grateful for?

Really? Some of these questions, sheesh. To me this would be a summation of everything I've been and will be writing about as part of this exercise. Come on.

Day 21: What song are you grateful for?

There are too many to name. Questions like this send me over the edge, like "What's your favorite band?" Argh! I don't knooooowww!

Day 22: What story are you grateful for?

Ugh, I don't know.


No comments:

Post a Comment