Monday, July 13, 2015

July Progress Update

Here's another update on my July goals

... lose 8-10 pounds.
UPDATE: Last weigh-in had me down to 274, which is 7 pounds lost from where I started at the end of June. Not too shabby! I've had a couple big losses in a row, so I am bracing for a stall soon, but hopefully I can keep up the momentum for another couple few pounds...

... learn how to kayak.
UPDATE: Ack, nope. Not yet. There is still time!

... get my bicycle road-ready, suit up with some fun accessories, and ride!
UPDATE: Done! I've worked up to riding two easy miles at a time. Usually it's my private bits that get the best of me more than anything else, though I do appreciate the burn I feel in my thighs!

... go on a hike, even just a short one.
UPDATE: Not yet. Wa wa waaaaa. If I have to go by myself before the end of July, I will make it happen. I only live steps away from one of the most gorgeous hiking spots around: Devil's Hole State Park.

... play more tennis.
UPDATE: Yep, though we've been taking a little break the past few days as my partner's back has been bothering him. He still aims to get at least 3 sessions in each week at the least, though. I think we're going tonight.

... run four times a week.
UPDATE: Still on it. I had a killer group run on Saturday that I'll be writing about soon. It didn't kill me kill me, but I think it almost did. ;)

... include stretching and strength exercises in my regular routine.
UPDATE: I'm still doing the break time strength and stretch at work. I haven't been doing much on the weekends, so maybe I will focus on that for the rest of the month.

In other news, I've been trying out going without lipstick for the past few days. I posted this photo on my Facebook page and it ended up garnering almost 40 comments, all very positive, especially about the no lipstick. What do you think of this 45-year-old woman wearing *gasp* NO makeup at all? 

A little bit of sun, a few wrinkles here and there, some brown spots...  I'm pretty happy with my 45-year-old face.



2 comments:

  1. I was truly surprised when you told me you were 45. You look like you're in your 30s!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks so much – you're not so bad, yourself! :)

      Delete