Sunday, May 31, 2009

One month = ?

It's the last day of the month of May. One full month of rededicating myself to eating more healthfully and regaining my fitness. And it's been fun and I feel fantastic! I've got a great momentum going and fully expect that I WILL reach my goals, big and small.

The concrete results of this month's efforts are pretty startling. As of today, I have lost 18.4 pounds, down from 336.6 to 318.2. Not only that, I went from barely being able to walk for a few minutes without experiencing terrible pain in my shins to doing walking/running sequences for more than 30 minutes with no problem. Isn't that incredible for 31 days' worth of effort?

I've cut out diet soda almost completely (I did have two glasses last night, just because. Eh.), and simply kept my calorie levels at around 2200 per day or less. Of course, I also exercised 3-6 days a week, plus lots of gardening. Basically, no changes I made were particularly difficult and I tried to remain as consistent as possible. I feel myself becoming stronger and stronger.

After a month's time, I truly do feel like I've established some great new habits. And I can't wait to see what the coming months have in store for me.

And hey, what do you think? Looks like I just might have a shot at getting down to 315 by my birthday on June 9th after all.

1 comment:

  1. wow. congratulations! that's so awesome! i hope that after one month i will have done half as well as you have. you are a great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete