Sunday, May 17, 2009

Success, again!

I finally broke out of my 327 rut, at least for today. I probably owe it to the pretty great workout I had this morning with my friend Jan at the gym. We did about 25 minutes on the treadmill, about 10 minutes on the bikes, and about 25 minutes on various weight machines. It was so awesome—I really enjoy working out with a buddy. We both agreed it made it so much easier and made the time go by more quickly.

And yes, I was at the gym at 9am on a Sunday morning.

I weighed myself after I got home from my workout and the scale said, "Hello, 325.4." OK, so it didn't actually say that, but it may as well have for the wonder and amazement I felt. Finally, after the past six days stuck between 327 and 328, I broke out. Good stuff, and a boost I needed. I'll admit, I was starting to get a wee bit discouraged, even though what's probably happening is hormonal, based on what I can glean from past experience. I'm not PMSing, but I think there is a time during the month that my body likes to hold on to weight. It's sort of like pre-PMS.

I'm still going strong, though, really enjoying the changes I've made in my lifestyle. Yesterday, my first day of the second week of C25K went just great. I'm not saying I didn't struggle at all, but I am doing fine. Having last year's experience helps me to work through rough spots and push myself a little harder. My shins are fully trained now and not giving me any problems. It feels phenomenal to be able to do this again.

It'll be nice to get past the three-week mark. Isn't it 21 days they say it takes to establish a new habit? I feel pretty ensconced now after just over two weeks, but at three I will feel like, "Yeah, we're IN."

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on breaking out of that rut. I have the same problem, with hormonal water retention . . . it surely is annoying.

    Glad the C25K training is going well . . . I still haven't incorporated running into my routine, but I'm getting closer :)

    ReplyDelete