Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Secret to Success

I think I found the secret to successful lifestyle change. It's getting really pissed off at yourself.

I know it's only been half a week so far since I've been back on track, but I am pretty sure someone flicked the switch back on again. It feels fairly effortless and it feels like it just may stick.

But really, I have just been so mad and frustrated about gaining so much of the weight I lost last year, and feeling so yucky that it's like, I just had no other choice but to take this path. And once I laid it out for myself in such a simple way yesterday, either as much as I want to whenever I want and feel physically ill all the time to OR take action to lose some weight and get fit and feel good, it became a total no-brainer what I wanted to do. So it's been relatively easy.

I'm down just over another pound this morning, which is great. We had a fantastic chicken and veggie stir-fry last night for dinner that was so yummy. To tell the truth, I had really been craving some green stuff.

The walking is not going so great, but I am still working on it. Yesterday I did a short, 15 minute walk on my lunch break at work and while it was better than the day before where I could barely walk at all, it still wasn't great. Coupled with the fact that there is a lot of traffic and no sidewalks in the business park, it pretty much sucked. But, I did it, I got myself out there and did what I could.

I had trouble dragging myself out of bed this morning so I brought my running sneaks with me to work again today. I'll do another lunch break walk, but I am going to drive over to the lovely path that runs nearby from the university campus instead, just a few minutes away. I'm sure it will be an infinitely better experience.

I am also proud to say that I still have not had a drop of anything but water to drink since Thursday evening. This is really a true feat that I am very proud of. Don't worry, soon I won't feel the need to share each day's water drinking with you anymore. For now, it is still a novelty and a wonder. And as I said previously, I really think that dropping diet soda from my diet would have such a positive effect on my approach to food. What do they put in that stuff, anyway? You know?

It'll be a busy week ahead with lots of activity, so I have high hopes for continued success. My dad and stepmom are visiting this weekend, and of course Sunday will be spent with mom, so I anticipate a lot of housecleaning (in prep for vistors) and gardening and other assorted yardwork (both at home and at my mom's). Lsst night, C. and I shared a romantic evening of breaking down the embarrassing collection of boxes in our basement to put out for the trash. I know it doesn't sound like much, but it actually got me sweating and my heart rate up a bit! Hey, whatever works!

Whatever works. Totally.

No comments:

Post a Comment