Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hi again everyone,

I hope this post finds you well and thankful in advance of the Thanksgiving holiday (for us American bloggers, anyway) tomorrow. Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite holiday, as I enjoy cooking the delicious meal as much as I enjoy eating it. This year there is just three of us for dinner, so it will be a little less elaborate than in past years, but it will be yummy nonetheless. And I will be thankful for all I have—family, cats, health, a job, a roof over my head, wheels to get me places, etc.

So maybe you're wondering what I have been up to, or how I have been doing? I'm sorry that I went AWOL yet again. Things have been... difficult lately, at least on this health and fitness front. Basically, I am sad to say, I haven't been doing anything to improve myself. I've gained even more weight back (don't know exactly how much since the scale died again, but I was up to 332 the last time I weighed), I haven't exercised, and I even took up smoking a pipe (just occasionally, not like all the time, but still I know it is not the best habit to pick up). I'm kind of food obsessed again. I don't really even know quite how to put it into words. It's pretty terrible, but at the same time I'm apathetic about it.

Things aren't so bad that I don't have any clothes to wear, but they've definitely become more snug, and there are jeans I've grown out of. I know I need to nip this and soon. I do see myself coming back. I really, really do.

I have a gym membership that is good through May, and I plan to start using it again, probably before I even take any steps to alter my eating habits again. In my experience, if I start exercising, the good eating habits follow in short order, so that is my plan.

When, you may ask? I want to commit to Monday, and I am going to ask my gym buddy if she will join me for some moral support. In fact, I am going to ask her right this very moment so that I don't bail on that idea.

I wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving, and look forward to posting here regularly again! I am thankful for you all who read this.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Amy, good to hear something from you again. I made a LOT of food for Thanksgiving, [which we celebrated today]. I think I did pretty well, I'll be most curious to see tomorrow morning! The moment of truth! =)

    Be well friend.

    ReplyDelete