Thursday, February 24, 2011

Sure enough! Steak Day Part 2

Yup, just as I suspected. I was up three pounds from yesterday. I could sense that as soon as I ate that stupid Chinese take-out. Oh, and the few pretzels and cheese dip I indulged in after I posted last night. It is like my mom says, as long as we stick with foods that are actually good for us, we do OK. It's when we start adding crap here and there that gives us trouble. That's so true, at least for now. I need to focus more and more on healthy, whole foods and much less on foods with little or no nutritional value. It's not always the most fun, I grant you that, but it's what most effective and what ultimately makes me the most happy. I tend to get a little sad when I eat junk food.

So, as per Steak Day regulations, I just finished up my dinner of a lovely chuck eye steak, just over a pound's worth of meat. I also had an apple. And that's what I get to eat today, along with all the water I can force myself to drink.

See, wouldn't it be so much easier to just eat reasonably every day so that I don't have to have a Steak Day? Yes, I believe so.

I'm learning, I'm learning.

It's all good.

NEXT: More on this whole hcG thingy, from my perspective, plus a Dr. Oz video!

No comments:

Post a Comment