What I am doing and what I am not doing.
If you are reading this, thank you. If you are a friend or family member, especially if you see me in person, here are some things you should know as a supportive person.
• I am not on a diet. I am not restricting myself in the way that most people would think; however I am trying to align my eating habits based on information that is out there about our food supply, and on stuff that is common sense. I want to eat FOOD.
• I don't want to eat artificial stuff. I don't want to eat gross chemicals. I don't want artificially no-fat, low-fat, Aspartamed crap. I'm going to eat butter and sugar, but I am also going to eat whole grain as much as I can, and I'm going to try to eat whole foods period as much as I can (no, not the store). I'll be eating a lot of fruits and veggies, but am I going to stop eating pizza or cake? No.
• I'm reading the labels a lot more these days, but not just for calories and fat content.
• I am hoping to avoid having to take medications for things like high blood pressure and dia-beet-us. I want to stop feeling tired all the time.
• I will be checking in with my doctor on a more regular basis, and I will take his advice.
• I will continue to take all my vitamins every day.
• I will continue to drink lots and lots of water every day.
• I will continue going to the gym regularly and build strength and endurance.
• I will continue working on being happy and being a good person.
• If I mess up, I will pick myself up and try again, and never stop trying.