Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Yikes!

So, it's been a while. Hey!

I braved the scale for the first time in maybe about a week? I knew it was going to be bad news, which is why I'm saying that I "braved" it... and I was right. I'm up to 327.6 today, way over the 320 threshold I was trying to stick around.

It's no surprise, though, considering how I've been eating these days. I got back on an ice cream kick and I guarantee you that's where the seven or so extra pounds came from. I was eating ice cream, a big bowl of it, once (maybe even twice) a day. I mean, duh, right? I am also pretty certain that once I cut out that sort of crap behavior the weight should come off fairly quickly, knowing how my body works.

All I know is, I am GLAD I got on the scale today because now I can do something about it. My plan today is a simple one, and it is just for today—because that is what I know I can do right now. I am not talking about a week, or a month. A day, that's today. Today I weighed myself (step one), I am drinking at least eight glasses of water (step two), and tracking my food (step three). Step four is staying within a certain calorie level, which is 2200 give or take.

So far, I had a weird-ish, not so great breakfast: a strawberry Coolatta and a egg and cheese wrap from Dunkin Donuts. The one thing I set up poorly for myself today is just not planning, not preparing things to eat at work today. So, I stopped at DD for breakfast, and I am planning to skip lunch (I know, I know—skipping meals=bad). But I do know what we're having for dinner. Steaks, baked potato, and roasted asparagus, so I can plan all that. Now if my meal tracking site would finish maintenance already, so I can enter my food, we'd be all set.

Actually, the DD meal could be worse. The wrap is small and not too bad calorie-wise. The drink is not great but there are way worse things out there, and to be honest I thought it was way worse than it is, about 400 calories. Nutrition-wise is another story, I know it's empty calories. But hey. Baby steps.

So that's what's going on.

It's funny how much your perspective can change with such a simple act. Just last night I was telling C. how "I just can't do it right now, I just don't have it in me..." about the weight loss thing. But that number on the scale man, it didn't really give me a choice.

4 comments:

  1. If your daily calorie goal is 2200, why do you need to skip lunch because of your breakfast? A Wake-Up wrap is only 170 cals and a med Strawberry Coolata is 440 leaving you with 1590 cals for the rest of the day. It seems like you have a good plan in place, but skipping meals won't get you where you need to go. Baby steps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I wasn't skipping lunch because of breakfast... I was skipping lunch because I didn't bring anything with me to work, and didn't care to go out and get something on my lunch hour. I like to eat at my desk and then leave early, so that's why. ;) Turned out that someone brought in cupcakes and I noshed on those in a bad way. :( I'm trying not to beat myself up too much about it, but I think that if I had had a nice little lunch I wouldn't have given the cupcakes a second glance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! I'm stepping on the scale tomorrow for the first time in a couple weeks, and I am scared! My eating and exercise has been in the crapper lately too!

    ReplyDelete