Monday, June 2, 2014

It's So Hard.

I've been feeling good about the choices I've been making – the foods I eat, the increase in physical activity, etc. But today I had kind of a day, if you know what I mean. After I got out of work I had to walk a city block to my car because of temporary parking limitations, and it totally sucked. It was actually painful. It was intensely discouraging.

How can it be that I took a leisurely half hour walk around my neighborhood last night and I did relatively OK, or walk on the treadmill at the gym for at least 15-20 minutes, sometimes more, yet I had trouble with this five minute walk? Ugh. I was in pain and I was practically limping.

It's so hard to take sometimes, knowing that I brought myself to this place by choice, essentially.

I'm glad that I haven't given up trying, and I have no intentions of giving up, but man do I feel demoralized today.

(I'm guessing that not enough sleep last night and a little more stress than usual today contributed to this?)

THIS IS HARD.




2 comments:

  1. Damn, sounds like it was a tough day, and it totally sucks when things get harder for no reason at all. Seems like the way you're handling it though--acknowledging that it IS hard and unfair sometimes but not giving up--is totally a winning attitude for the long haul. Good luck and hope over time there is way less misery and more steady progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crabby, I am trying! Some days are just like that, but then others, and it seems like most others, are pretty OK. I have to remind myself that it is OK to have a bad day – it's a blip and you move on. That's probably one of the hardest things to get a handle on, but it's also really important. :)

      Delete