Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Keeping On Keeping On

I got up early this morning and ran 1.35 miles.

Hooray! I keep surprising myself in a good way this week.

Here's another: weigh-in put me at 295.8, so better than I thought. I was really worried that I was going to be over 300.

Today I wore the new Cynthia Rowley pants (size 20) I scored from Marshalls on Friday. I'm afraid that my "fashion" photos are the farthest thing from glamorous, but here I am.

I don't really look much different than in any other photo I've posted here, but there are my new pants!

Oh! It looks like I am floating around in that shirt. Maybe it is time to say goodbye, or reserve for casual home hanging out from now on...

Here's a closeup of the pattern on the pants and my new fave shoes, which seemed to be an anomaly at Target – I only saw one pair, which happened to be my size! They're cool, but also comfortable and... cheap. The three's Cs!

I just love menswear-inspired stuff, especially shoes! Wing tips are my fave!
I have been feeling so much better about myself these past couple days. I'm not sure what happened except that I finally realized that everything I want for myself is entirely in my reach and in my full control to make happen – I just have to do it. That little impromptu clothes shopping last week really did something to my brain, a smack in the head that I really needed. 

I'm not sure what the plan is for the rest of the week. For now, I am riding the wave and trying to take it one day at a time, quite literally. I'll do my best to keep honoring my body and my mind, doing things for them that are beneficial and satisfying – like the feelings I get during and after a run, for example. Why would I stop doing that if it makes me feel so good?

Persistence pays off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment