Tuesday, January 6, 2015

An Unexpected Break

Well, the new year bestowed upon me the mother of all colds. It started with a hint of a scratchy throat on new year's eve eve, and by the day after new year's day it was clear that it was a thing. Several days later, it still is. The sore throat developed into a hacking cough and now it's in the sinus phase. I'm doing lots of expectorating. It sucks. I don't deal with colds well. I am a big baby.

I tried to be a trooper up until Sunday as far as exercise went, and so even though I was feeling crappy, I squeezed in a short stroll enough to fulfill the last of my Pact requirements for the week. That was it. Come Monday when the pacts restarted and I had the option of editing them, I decided to take a week-long break from all three that I normally do, including five days of at least 30 consecutive minutes of activity, seven days of logging food on MyFitnessPal, and eating twenty-five servings of fruits and veggies. I will still be logging my food, but not in as detailed a way, and quite frankly I've been feeding my cold and not adhering to any limits at all. I'm just eating whatever.

I just can't deal. I'm giving myself the gift of this expected break. It's probably a good thing anyway – I am a big believer in a break period here and there.

***

I made it through the holidays pretty well, though my eating wasn't the best, I still managed to make it through December with a decent loss of seven pounds, to 308. Much to my surprise, this past weekend my weight dropped to 306, which gave me a bit of wiggle room to deal with being sick. I'm back up to 308 today and my wish is that I can maintain that through this Friday for my next official weigh-in.

I was making good progress with the C25K program, ready to start week 4, in fact! Obviously that won't happen this week, so looking ahead to next week for that.

Overall just feeling blah, a little down, and slightly resenting this unwelcome interruption to my usual routine... but then again, like I said... maybe it will prove itself a gift in the end?

No comments:

Post a Comment