Sunday, March 20, 2016

A New Week, Another Chance

On Thursday after work, I just didn't wanna! Kristen talked sense into me, and even though I wanted
to do four and a half and only did two, I took a victory selfie anyway!

This week, I'm mostly focusing on getting my running miles in. On my training calendar, 15 miles is the goal and so that's where I'll be. Day by day, it looks like this, totaling 16–18 miles:

Monday: 2 miles

Tuesday: 3 miles

Wednesday: Rest (maybe some walking)

Thursday: 5 miles (2 in the morning, 3 in the evening)

Friday: Rest (maybe some walking)

Saturday: 6 miles

Sunday: 2 miles, maybe :)

I'm still generally keeping my individual runs to less than 3 miles generally. 3 miles now feels fairly comfortable and easy. I did just over 4 miles this morning and it was challenging, though I realized that I was also working under a food and drink hangover. My eating week was not that great, not very careful and just indulging – man, that comes and goes. As a result I am back in the high 270s, teetering on 280, which I hate. But even though I didn't do all the things I had in my workout log last week, I still managed to get just under 15 running miles under my belt, and I call that a win.

This coming week I'm going to try to find balance. How can I get done what I need while not totally exhausting myself? Is that even possible?

I've been having doubts about my ability to run longer distances lately. Because of my struggle today especially, I just can't help but feel like, hm... maybe I am expecting too much of myself? I still think I will be able to run a half marathon in October, but maybe it was silly to think that I could do it in June, run/walk or not. I still haven't been able to get myself to the 10K distance yet!

Yesterday at NoBo 6 miles was on the schedule and I was looking forward to it, but also scared. I ended up sabotaging myself on Friday night by drinking too much. I had a hangover and there was no way I was going to make it to meet the group at 8am to get it done. I paid for it for the rest of the day, feeling really down on myself and just generally blah. So, I resolved to head out today with the Old Falls running group that meets just five minutes away from my house on Sunday mornings. I knew doing it would make me feel better, but it still felt impossible to get out of bed and just do it. Thanks to my partner, who reminded me that it would make me feel better, I did it. I wanted to get those six miles done, but truthfully I really didn't feel that great and I did what I could, which amounted to just over four miles. Not bad, and I gave it my all – a pretty good average pace of 14:30 and negative splits for each mile.

Notice that I still haven't managed to get back to the weekly yoga I planned on, nor fit in any strength training that I so desperately need. I'm not sure what it is going to take, but I do know that I need to make sure to stick to my weekend plans so that my Sunday doesn't get messed up. I am wondering if deciding on a set routine for strength would be a good idea, something as simple as picking set of exercises, a number of each, keeping it short and easy so I am sure to do that.

In other news, I got a promotion at work! Lots of stuff going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment