Monday, January 19, 2009

So, er...

Well. I'm back, had you lost hope? I guess I kind of did.

I mean, not really: I've been weighing every day, but that's about it. Tracking went out the window this past week, and I am not sure why. The bad news is that I am back up to 319.6, but the good news is that I am still below 320, which is more than I can say for yesterday. The rest of the days I haven't been around here I'd been holding desperately onto 318-ish.

This all sounds so stupid, quibbling about what amounts to a mere pound or two or three on an over 300 pound woman. But, if you're in this like I am, then you know how much a pound (or even a few ounces) CAN make all the difference.

So what did I do this morning? Dunkin' Donuts drive-thru. *sigh* The best I can say is that I haven't given up, and that the day is not over yet. But I am disappointed in myself, for the moment.

More good news is that I should be able to start exercising now that I no longer have the nasty cold. Perhaps I will try some Pilates tonight. No, in fact I WILL try Pilates tonight, no matter what. How's that? Then, off to my art studio for more art making. The museum is coming to pick up my work on Friday, and I still have some things I want to finish up to include in the show. Always working until the very last minute, that is me!

I just wanted to check in because I didn't want any of you to lose faith in me; I also needed to do it for myself. I do believe that daily blogging makes a big difference in how any given day goes. It's just how it is, it's not hard to do, so I just need to make that commitment. (What? I thought I already did, dumbass!)

Onward. As always.

NOTE: Can I just say how much I am looking forward to spring, or at least no snow and ice on the ground? I really want to start a running program again, but HATE treadmills.

1 comment:

  1. I hear you about the snow & ice. I want to get out for long walks again, instead of doing Walk Away the Pounds dvds!

    You haven't given up mentally, and that really is something. I like that you say the day isn't over: every moment is an opportunity to start fresh. Do your Pilates, start that ball rolling somewhere and soon you'll be back in this!

    You can do it!

    ReplyDelete