Friday, November 28, 2014

Post-Thanksgiving Report

Checking in the day after.

It went fine!

I'm a daily weigher and the damage wasn't bad. I was hoping to stay at or under 315 (I was 314 yesterday, my lowest weight so far), and I did – scale showed 315. Works for me!

I worked hard for it yesterday, let me tell you. I was up at 6am and on my feet cooking for hours. At least four or five total. I mean, that's Thanksgiving, right? I made the whole meal solo. We had some yummy food and I had some of everything. Basically, I had a one plate full, one glass of wine, and one dessert. And it was more than enough.

Then, because I pledged to do it with my FUDiet Facebook group, I set out on a personal 5K after dinner – and I'm determined to make it a new tradition. All hail the 1st Annual Turkey Stroll, where it's the distance that counts, NOT the time.

We haven't had much snow in my neighborhood, so when I started my walk all was clear and it was really kind of perfect cold weather conditions. Still, I was really tired and wasn't sure if I was going to be able to complete the whole 5K distance. I thought, "Well, I'll get started and let's see how it goes." You always just have to get yourself out the door. Anyway, I found myself about halfway through when I practically turn a corner and BAM! The weather drastically shifted to snowstorm. By that time, though, I was in a groove (listening to music really helps!) and I was determined to finish. When I made it home a half hour later, about an inch of snow had fallen and I could barely see out of my glasses.

Always an adventure. I ended up doing 3.34 miles in 1 hour, 8 minutes. Not bad for a stroll, and for struggling against less than optimum conditions.

Today I was exhausted. You can imagine.

Still, I needed to get in my 30 minutes of activity for Roni's Thanksgiving week challenge. Well, there was snow, so what does one do? Shovel! It wasn't too bad and I ended up supplementing it with some walking, but I got it done. It felt good, even though I really wasn't up for anything, quite frankly. Yet once I finished that, I came inside and did a Seven Minute workout app thingy. Energy begets energy!

So there you have it. I lived through Thanksgiving. Go figure!

Oh, and what I am thankful for today? Warm blankets and fuzzy kitties to snuggle with on lazy, wintry days.

What turkey stories do you have to share?



No comments:

Post a Comment