Friday, July 1, 2016

Hi, I Gained FIVE Pounds Overnight.

OMG. I can't even.

Yesterday I was down another wee .2 pounds, and this morning when I got on the scale I was back up to 284 – just shy of a five pound gain. Overnight.

Part of me is REALLY upset, and I even considered not sharing this here. But, in the interest of keeping it real and also as a reminder to myself about how things just do sometimes, I decided to.

Part of me knows that this is a blip.

Here's what I think happened:

• I recently lost a bunch of weight quickly.

• I ate two meals yesterday that were not smart for the sodium content: Indian buffet for lunch and Chinese take-out for dinner.

• I'm just about to get my period. Like, tomorrow.

I know calorie intake wasn't an issue because I had one plate of all vegetarian dishes at lunch, and for dinner I just had a couple cups' worth of moo shu pork and about a cup of string beans. It fit into my day. I played 35 minutes of tennis as well! The data:

I know, take-out is always a crap shoot estimate, but I tried to overestimate. Plus, 19 cups of water, dude!!!

(Note that my daily goal here is higher than usual because it tacks on exercise calories, which I usually try not to use. The goal is set at 1750 currently.)

Argh. I figured that I might be up a little bit, but never did I expect 5 pounds.

To be honest, my first instinct was to be all mad about it and therefore eat junk today. I had planned to go to Dunkin' Donuts and get a frozen Dunkaccino and donuts for breakfast. I did. In fact, I was in the drive-thru line and everything! Except that it. Wasn't. Moving. Several cars pulled up behind me, sat for a while, and left. Finally, I did the same, figuring the universe was trying to tell me something. But I still wanted a frozen drink, so instead I headed over to Burger King across the way and got a tropical mango smoothie instead, and no food. A better choice, and I still served my craving to an extent.

When I got to the office, I was happy to see that I had a peach on my desk leftover from yesterday that I could eat! And I have almonds! So there you go, crisis averted. I plan to have something decent for lunch. I don't know what for dinner, but honestly, I don't plan to eat any of the Chinese leftovers, no matter how much of it there is – a shame, yes, but I just can't, and I don't think I will be having either Indian or Chinese food again anytime soon, unless I make it myself (and I can!). I just don't want to deal with that heartbreak again. Ugh. Maybe I will at least have the green beans.

So much hard work this past week, almost all decimated in one fell swoop.

I won't let it deter me.

No comments:

Post a Comment