Friday, July 15, 2016

Off the Rails/Committed

As a Gemini, it's not surprising that I am often at odds with myself.

On one hand, my eating was the worst it's been in a while, the past couple days. I haven't weighed myself, either, but I am guessing it wouldn't be pretty.

On the other hand, I'm keeping up my 30-day streak. It's not perfectly running as I mentioned yesterday, but I am determined to do at least that mile every single day on my own two feet. I wanted to run again today, but it wasn't in the cards. I had a very full, fun, busy day and by the time I got home it was close to dark and my partner had agreed to go on a walk with me, so we did the trail just before it got unmanageable. Honestly, I would have gone for a run but I don't feel super comfortable doing so by myself in the dark... To me this felt like a good compromise and I got something in. I stuck to my commitment.

Maybe I should just rename my challenge to 30 Days On My Feet for a Mile?

I still want it to be mostly running, if not all running the rest of the time, but walking is good, too.

Anyway. Tomorrow looks like it's going to be another kind of busy, off-routine day, so if nothing else once Monday hits and I go back to work it'll also be my chance to get back to my good routine all around.

I refuse to beat myself up – I am just going to get myself back on the horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment