Friday, April 24, 2015

Friday recap

- It's been a week. It's had its ups and downs. I'm glad it's Friday. I have felt "off" all day and can't wait to just reset into the evening.

- I've had another shitty eating day. Pardon my French. But not really.

-/+ I took a rest day from exercise. Rest was on the schedule anyway, but even so I had planned on maybe a leisure walk or some yoga. But man, I am going to rest. My body is telling me to, especially with a 3 mile run ahead of me in the morning.

-/+ It'll be interesting to meet with the scale tomorrow. I think I am prepared.

+ I'm wearing yet another pair of size 22 dress pants that I haven't been able to wear in over 7 years, and even at that time, I think I wore them once before I could no longer. So really, these are pants that have not been worn meaningfully in over 12 years. And then next time I size out of them will be when they are too big.

+ After my graduation 5K race next Sunday, I decided to follow Jeff Galloway's schedule for 10K training. The first few weeks line right up with my current abilities, and I think it will be a great way for me to build more endurance ahead of the next session of NoBo later in June. I will be doing the beginner program one more time before I head into the 2.0 version, but when I do start 2.0 I know I am going to be so ready for it. Tomorrow is the last Saturday group run with the current program! Wow. And to think just over two months ago running 30 second intervals was challenging.

+ Running does change everything.

+ Three or maybe four friends will be signing up for the next session!

+ I can do this. I can reach my goals. It's all I can do.


Because I have been listening to the Cars a LOT lately,
especially while running. Plus, this artwork is so fantastic. Smokin'!

And just because the Cars were so cool... this video. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment