Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Forgetting

A funny thing happened this morning. I forgot to weigh myself.

I was all dressed and ready to go work, doing the last chore of the morning, watering the container garden and it suddenly struck me: I forgot to weigh myself!

This is so odd because it really has become an integrated part of my morning routine. I guess I have been so distracted lately, and I was so focused on getting to work early, that I just breezed by that particular portion of the sequence.

This makes me kind of happy, as it tells me that I am not as obsessed with the scale as I was thinking I might be. Of course, here I am blogging about the whole stupid thing, so I guess I am regardless, ha!

Yesterday's eating was nothing to write home about, and we went to the drive-in to see Inglourious Basterds (it was funny and weird and poignant, too) last night which always includes hot buttered popcorn and a pretzel from the snack bar. Seriously, I dare you NOT to buy something from the drive-in snack bar. Haven't you seen those PSAs they show before the previews guilting you into it? Telling you that the only way the drive-in can survive these days is through snack bar sales? Seriously. I'm not going to be the one responsible for the final demise of a true, valuable American institution. No way. Not me.

I still find myself with a good attitude about this particular journey despite feeling like the rest of my world is crumbling around me. So, I think that's pretty good.

One day at a time.

3 comments:

  1. bf and I go to that drive-in all the time. LOVE it.

    though we're more of a smuggle food in type of couple, I've never been to the snack bar! We like to bring whole moonlight dinners in sometimes. (yes, even after that DOOM psa they play)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is the stress times that are the hardest for eating healthily. Anything you achieve at these times deserves recognition as it is SO hard. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man I know how it is with the food at the movies. I won't ever go into a movie without food. Choc tops and coke are mandatory.

    ReplyDelete