Monday, August 10, 2009

M. I. A.

That's what I've been these days.

Things have been totally off the rails. Which isn't to say that I haven't been enjoying life in general, things have become so interesting and even exciting in the past couple weeks, but... alas, my eating kind of went out the window with all the excitement, to tell the truth.

Result? This morning I weighed in at 319 pounds, up like six pounds from last week. (!) But honestly? I am relieved that it stopped short of 320. Man, oh man.

I'm not nearly as upset as you'd imagine I might be. One, the weight put on really fast, so I think it'll come off easily; two, I feel SO bloated today that my hands and feet kind of hurt.

My gosh, we have had us some fun lately. I was sad to see the four-day weekend I took this past week end last night. At least it went out with a bang in the form of the most intense, crazy thunderstorm I have ever experienced in my life—and we had to drive right through it, too! I was seriously glad to get home still alive.

We drove around quite a lot and had some adventures. Yesterday we spent at my mom's house where I cleaned her entire downstairs and sweated buckets. It was crazy. But we all had a good time (she and C. worked outside on things), and talked more about our hopeful plans for a combined homestead in the country with a huge vegetable garden.

I also found out that I got another solo art exhibition for next year.

I can't wait to see where I find myself next year, or in five years...

There is more to life than losing weight. That is my message for today. Please don't forget that.

However, I will be getting back on track right away and continue my journey. I want to be fit and healthy so I can fully enjoy everything I have to look forward to!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for getting right back on track. I'm sure you're right that most of the 6 lbs is water retention and will come off fast.

    It's so tough to balance focus on weightloss with enjoying life! I was a little off the rails this past weekend too . . . and am trying to motivate myself to get to the gym right now :)

    ReplyDelete