Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Milestone!

Today I am happy to announce a couple milestones.

One, I am down 10% of my starting weight.

Two, I am down just over 35 pounds. Ha.

313.4! Woo!

It seems that even with the small adjustments I have made to the protocol, I'm still getting results. The long and short of it is, I am eating mostly fresh veggies and fruits, with small amounts of lean meats and fishes. ;) Most of the time. The past couple days I have been fitting in small amounts of verboten items, like nibbles of chocolate (Hershey's kisses), a spoonful or two of ice cream (last night only), coconut milk, olive oil in small amounts, and a few bread products (not much at all, but I wanted to mention it anyway).

I am still eating much less than I ever do in my previous "normal" life, too. I drink a lot of water.

(I still need to start some form of exercise!)

In other words, I am doing what I need to do to stay on track. It feels good! Maybe that great big off-day was just what I needed to slip into high gear again.

One thing I have figured out in recent days is that when I am upset, the first thing I want to do is eat something crappy. I realized this last night as I grabbed the pint of Ben & Jerry's from the freezer after having words with my partner. It was so glaringly obvious what was going on. I almost laughed! I was also able to remove myself from the situation and let the ice cream sit for a few minutes. I still did have some, but literally a few spoonfuls. Then, I closed it up and put it away right away.

I averted what could have been... well, not disaster certainly... a real setback. That sounds more proportional. ;)

I'm taking the good days and making it through the bad ones. Either way, I'm going to get to where I am going, finally. Doesn't matter if it takes a year or 10 years, I am NOT giving up.

1 comment: