Friday, March 11, 2011

Off Day

Yep, I finally ran into an off day. It's almost as if I hit some sort of milestone that I feel obligated to sabotage myself or something. (I'm half-laughing about that.) It really wouldn't have been such a "bad" day except that I let my emotions get the best of me and reached for junk food to make myself feel better.

I had a lovely lunch out with my friend Jan, who is also an artist. She just had her 41st birthday, so it was sort of a birthday lunch, too. We went to a place right in town and the food was to die for, seriously. I did pretty well with my choices for the meal — mussels (albeit in a wine, mascarpone cheese and dijon broth) and a delicious salad of field greens and strawberries with a balsamic reduction and some sprinkles of goat cheese. Not exactly on plan, but aside from the cheeses, not too far off.

Then it was decided that we'd try some of the gelato they had to offer. Two flavors: Red Velvet and Cannoli. We got one of each to share, and it turns out that the servings were pretty substantial, unfortunately. I think I gave myself too much credit being able to deal with it, and ended up eating the whole serving. OK, I thought, I'll just have some veggies for dinner. No big deal, not really.

I did fine for the rest of the day and drank lots of water, and had just a small salad for dinner. A while after that, I got into a little spat with my partner about something stupid, headed upstairs to work at my desk, and where do you think my hand went to first? Right into the jellybeans, which really shouldn't have been there in the first place. Ugh. So stupid. I won't go into detail, but I also ended up going out to get a flash drive at K-Mart and then to the Burger King drive-thru. I was just having one of those nights, I guess. Angry about nothing and just wanting to eat. So that was that.

I am only regretful about how I ate in the latter part of the day. The lunch? It was phenomenal food, and aside from the gelato, not far off track. Jellybeans and Burger King are another story, though.

Anyway. I am sure the scale will show something awful tomorrow, but I feel secure knowing that I will get back on track right away and see more weight loss in no time. I was down another half pound today. I'll do it again, and again.

I will get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment