Monday, May 11, 2009

A Good Weekend

Saturday was a peach of a day, chock full of physical activity. Not to mention an amazing result on the scale—I found myself down another few pounds! I was totally shocked and amazed, such a nice way to begin a weekend. I went out to do the first day of Couch to 5K and did well, better than expected! My shins, I think, are finally broken in and don't give me so much protest anymore, which is great. GREAT! After that I had a little breakfast and HGTV, and then headed out to the garden to play a while. Ended up being two and half hours a while! I had a great time, though, and got a lot done before I was rained out. Holy cow, was I super sweaty by then.

Later on in the day C. and I did some rearranging of large furniture in our upstairs area, which made me even more sweaty. Needless to say, I was pretty knackered at the end of the day.

Yesterday started nicely on the scale again, down to 325.4. I had a normal breakfast but knew I'd have a challenge ahead going to my cousin's house later on for a Mother's Day cookout that also celebrated her sister's birthday. So I planned out the main things I knew I would have and gave myself some room for miscellaneous stuff I knew would probably find their way into my mouth. I also planned to not eat dinner, but just drink water for the rest of the day. I wasn't really hungry after lunch anyway, so it worked out OK. Overall, I did OK. I ate what I wanted, but tried to watch portions as best as I could. I feel confident that I stayed within acceptable calorie limits for the day, but unfortunately this morning I did show a two pound gain. I think it is probably something that was going to happen eventually anyway, considering that I've lost weight every single day for more than a week, so I am not upset about it. I am thrilled to have done this well so far and well on my way to getting below 320! I feel like it is going to be any day now. I expect it to be. :)

This morning I finally got myself up and out into the just above freezing temps and did C25K Week, Day 2. It was even better than day 1, feeling much more capable and not inducing myself to anger with my lack of fitness so much. In fact, I am starting to feel like my old self again.

The best thing happened on my walk/run today. I was on my way back, and thinking about how proud I am that I no longer care what people might think of seeing a big, flabby person like me out there actually jogging and jiggling all over the place. I was thinking to myself, Yeah, I mean, who knows who is looking out their windows seeing me go by and thinking instead, "Wow! Look at her! If she can so that, so can I!" You know, maybe inspiring people rather than making them laugh. Not two minutes later does a lady heading out the door to go work across the street yells hello to me and says, "You are so dedicated! I wish I could do that!" And I replied, "Well, I didn't really have a choice. It was either this or... the other thing." She said that she at that point, too, so I told her that she can do it, too, if she decides.

The whole exchange was so surprising and lovely. And inspiring to me! Now I feel like I have followers who I am indebted to, whom I do not want to let down. And you know, I don't want to let ME down, either. I am so grateful to that woman, and hope I see her again! It's great to do things for your own benefit and satisfaction, but it's a whole 'nother thing to give something to the community, even one person at a time. Maybe I should seeing what I do as a public service in a very small way. That would be a good way to keep me focused.

Finally, I would like to wholehearted thank Ria for this award! Ria, thank you so much for all your support and encouragement.



In turn, I would like to award it to a few of my favorite blogs since I've begun this journey.

Diary of an Aspiring Mama

Kittzy

BikiniQuest

Weight by the Seashore

Scale Junkie

And there are many more I really enjoy on a regular basis. I've got many more great links on my former blog, The Forty Project.

Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Thank you, Amy! I'm honored that you chose my blog for this award. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Amy. You've made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!! So nice to see you blogging away :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations with your success with C25K! And how nice for someone on the street to acknowlege that, too.

    Thank you for the award :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on C25K! That's how I started running last June, and it worked like a charm.

    You are doing it! :-)

    ReplyDelete