Friday, May 8, 2009

I'll take it!

Weight: 330 pounds
Total Weight loss: 6.6 pounds

The scale reported a maintain today, which is fine. Yeah, sure, seven pounds even would have been awesome, not to mention being under 330, but who I am to quibble about a half pound? I can't show a loss every single day, I know that.

Last night we ended up getting take-out for dinner, at the urging of C. who didn't feel like eating the BBQ boneless skinless chicken breasts and asparagus I was planning to make... and honestly, I was a bit of a mess after seeing what the vet's office sent us: a little clay plaque with our recently-deceased cat Azrael's paw print and a lock of his fur, with his named stamped out in the clay. It was so touching that I just kind of collapsed into a teary, weepy mess. The last thing I felt like was cooking.

So we opted for the better of the many Italian places in town and I ordered some spaghetti and a salad. I ate all the salad (just some iceberg lettuce, grape tomatoes and rolled mozzarella cheese with the house dressing, by the way, some sort of vinaigrette) and a few bites of the spaghetti (homemade noodles!). I had ample calories left from earlier in the day so I think I did just fine considering the circumstances; tracked the food best I could at The Daily Plate, as usual. Take-out almost always involves guess work but I think I was accurate; if anything I overestimated what I ate just to be safe.

I usually don't talk much about what I eat specifically. I mention last night's meal because I was dealing with an emotional situation. Another time I might have said f-it and just ordered a pizza and wings anyway, maybe even drunk some diet soda. But no. It didn't seem worth it to me at all to do that to myself. The desire really wasn't there to indulge, even though I felt sad. So that's a pretty big thing for me.

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. I'm going to start on the Couch to 5K program again and have high hopes that I will do well, considering that just about a month ago I was able to run half and walk half of a mile with no problem... hopefully, despite my shin issues, it will go well. One thing I have noticed in the past is that many times my shins might bother me while walking, but not jogging (or running, or whatever you want to call what it is I do). Must just be different muscle groups involved, or something. I am also hoping that a trainer at the gym I'm joining might be able to advise me about that.

Another thing I have planned is more work (or play!) in the gardens! I still need to finish shaping out the backyard beds, and get going on the weeds. It's amazing how fast they take over, but I noticed this morning as I pulled a few away from some ferns I planted last fall, they come out easy and they are mostly big. Still, that will be some good workout right there. A few hours' worth at least.

I just want you all to know that I fully expect to lose another 5 pounds, sooner than later. I also expect that I will get down to 320 by June 9th, which is my 39th birthday.

Yeah. I like these expectations. What are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment