Friday, May 29, 2009

A Little More Effort = Results!

Weight: 321.2
Total Weight loss: 15.4 pounds

It's Friday, which means that it is my "official" weigh-in day!

I am so, so pleased with weigh-in today. Yesterday's eating kind of went out the window, so I was expecting several steps backward. To my delight, I only saw a .2 pound gain! That's pretty much a maintain in my book.

It didn't start out poorly. I had a pretty good day up until I got home at 8:30pm, actually! It was along day that included regular work and then a couple errands topped off by a meeting. I got dinner at McDonald's and figured that that would be it for the day. (I know, I know... this time I got a two cheeseburgers meal with water. Looking back, I see that one cheeseburger and a small fry would have been more than adequate, so lesson learned. Still, it's no double Quarter Pounder, that's for sure!) So, I get home and C. is frying up some chicken and cooking baked potatoes for dinner. Here I'd have thought he'd have eaten way before then! Anyway. That was fine, I didn't feel tempted or anything, just whatever... I already ate! No problem. But he was fairly insistent that I eat some with him. "You can have a potato." And that turned into me having to try a piece of chicken (boneless, skinless, at least!), and so on. Grrr. So there I sat, eating a full 'nother meal for no reason other than I felt obligated to somehow.

He doesn't see it that way, of course. This morning I tried to talk to him about it and he was just like, "Hey, I didn't shove that food down your throat," which is true, but seriously, when I told him at first that I had already eaten why couldn't he have just said, "OK, but would you at least come sit with me while I eat?" which would have been totally fine, of course.

*sigh*

So I ended up eating a good 1000 calories over my usual. Ah well. Next time I will stand up for myself better. *I* will be the one who's insistent. And hopefully he will know better if there is a next time not to do that to me again.

One good thing that came out of that was the increased impetus to get out and run this morning—I had planned on it anyway, to play catch up on my C25K schedule, but after a night like that, there was no way I was going to wimp out. I turned out to have the best, fastest session so far this time around, which brings me to the title of this post. A little more effort does equal results!

It was this post over at The Next 100 Pounds that got me thinking, what if I did make just a little bit more of an effort while I am doing C25K? I always kind of wondered, was I limiting myself thinking that I can only go so slow? Didn't I have some energy reserves left over after each running segment? What if I tried to go a little faster?

That's what I did this morning, and wow! It wasn't that much harder, and I managed to go about a whole half a mile an hour faster! This leads me to believe that I have not been living up to my potential. I'm going to test this again tomorrow and see what I can do (without killing myself or throwing my knee out or something)—what I can really do.

I'm pretty certain it really helped with my overindulgence last night. And boy, do I have a positive attitude today!

Week 4 of C25K starts tomorrow, can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment