Sunday, May 24, 2009

Ouchies

Ugh. I did something stupid last night and decided to participate in a Keanu Reeves drinking game with C. while watching the totally underrated "Point Break" (also starring Patrick Swayze). As a result, I ended up drinking WAY too much, more than I have in a very long time. It wasn't pretty, but surprisingly I managed to keep my dinner in my tummy where it belonged, thank goodness. I usually don't do that sort of thing anymore, but somehow it seemed like it would be a fun thing to do. It was, for a time, and then I crossed the line into no-man's land.

Anyway, I'm not feeling the best this morning, obviously. I bailed on my gym session with my pal Jan. (So sorry, Jan!) But, later on I do have some gardening stuff to finish up so I'll get some form of exercise in... maybe I'll even go for a light walk later? We'll see. I'll likely spend most of the day relaxing.

Yesterday was productive. Went on my C25K outing, which went fairly well. Week 3 is 90 seconds of running, 90 seconds of walking, 3 minutes of running, 3 minutes of walking twice sandwiched by 5 minute warm up and cool down walks. I'm still going super slow, but doing well. Really enjoying it, in fact. More gardening, of course, but also a nap and a lovely steak dinner on the grill with corn on the cob and a baked potato. There's nothing like grilling out, and it was the perfect day for it.

My weight is fine. Not back down as far as I'd gotten last week yet, but fine for now. I'm happy with how it's going and I think that really focusing on the overall positive changes I've made to my lifestyle is truly what is most important. Seriously. It's liberating.

No comments:

Post a Comment