Monday, July 13, 2009

Scaleless Again

No weigh-in this morning. I am still not feeling very well (though much better than I was), didn't sleep well last night, so ended up hitting the snooze button like ten times (probably literally!). I didn't exactly rush around getting ready for work since I knew I was running so late anyway, but I wasn't going to waste 15 minutes trying to get my scale to take a reading, either. I hope it's not totally dead after last night's toilet fiasco (don't ask); I'll probably hop on a few times later on today to see if I can get anything other than an "ERR" on the readout. Seriously, I cannot live without a scale. I like to know where I stand every day. I firmly believe that my daily weigh is the reason I have been able to mostly maintain my weight loss since May despite all the pitfalls. Knowing you're accountable to something makes it easier for me to make better choices, even when I am making bad choices. Know what I mean?

So anyway. It was nice to have my yogurt-berries-cereal mixture this morning again. I haven't had it since I've been away from work, almost two weeks! It tasted really good. I've also been drinking a lot of green tea today in an effort to keep my coughing down to a minimum... I know how annoying it must be to my co-workers. Between that and some Halls cough drops, it seems to be working for the most part.

Yesterday, I actually got a wee bit of activity in: Someone had to mow the lawn, and since C. is now infected with the cold of doom, I gave it a shot. It wasn't great, but I was able to finish and got all sweatied up as a result. A friend of mine on Facebook actually suggested that I go running, "as bad as that sounds," he said, to help my cold. I can see how it might be helpful, but mowing the lawn at this juncture was more than enough for me. I feel like if I am lucky, I'll be able to start exercising again next week. *sigh*

I do think that my best course right now is to just continue to focus on getting better. I am really looking forward to losing more weight, but as I have said in the past, this is no race I'm in. I'm happy that I have been able to stick in the 318-320 range lately. It's good enough for now, but boy, do I ever have designs on MORE!

No comments:

Post a Comment