Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Unsure, but Hopeful

Hm... interesting.

I tried the "broken" scale again this morning, just to see if maybe it changed its mind. Well, it didn't. When you press the button, it still goes through this cycle: Previous weight, then "ERR". You're supposed to get a "00" instead of the "ERR", and then step on the scale to be weighed. When it was working, it would then cycle through with a series of moving "0"s and then display your current weight.

Well, I decided to try to get on the scale at the "ERR" and see if anything happened. Sure enough, it cycled through, and I got a weight reading.

But I don't know if it is right! I really hope it is... it said 315.6.

Based on how my pants fit, I'd guess that it is totally possible. Which would be awesome! I just don't want to get too excited about it if it is just plain broken and being random.

*sigh* I really want to get a new scale.

In other news, our forced diet is going just fine. Last night's chili ended up being vegetarian because I didn't stop at the store for meat; unfortunately that meant I didn't get a red bell pepper, either, which I think really helps the flavor. I did the best with what we had on hand, and the result was... edible. OK. It didn't really taste like chili, it just tasted like a very spicy bean dish. We've both eaten worse, and at least we have food to eat for another day or two.

The best thing was that since I didn't care much for it, I didn't eat as much either.

I don't know, it's not so bad. I don't really even feel deprived. I'm more concerned about making our pennies stretch, so eating less or eating something I don't like as much seems fairly easy to do. Go figure!

You learn something new every day if you're not careful.

2 comments:

  1. Love, love chili even the veg kind! My scale is broke I think and I don't have the ERR. It gives me completely different numbers everytime I step on it. So I decided just to take the average. I sure wish they were more accurate!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, friend, I do think I am still fat. I think I have at least 20 more pounds to lose. I do like what I do for exercise and I do other things as well that are enjoyable like bike riding and kayaking. I screwed up today. Overate knowingly and now I feel like crap. Uugghh...

    ReplyDelete