Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tuesdays Are Always Better

It's been so weird not having a scale in my life this past week. I thought it would be kind of scary and that I would feel out of control, but that has not been the case. I still find myself trying to make "better" choices overall and be conscious about what goes in my mouth, and as a result my pants are still fitting just fine.

Last night we had our BBQ chicken and corn on the cob, and later on a big piece of the cheese bread I made in the evening when it came out of the oven. Considering what I didn't eat the rest of the day, I would call it a pretty good day overall, eating-wise. Tonight, we'll be making chili out of the variety of beans and crushed tomatoes left in the cupboard, and I scrounged enough change that I should be able to buy a little bit of meat and maybe a red pepper to include, along with the garlic, onion, chiles, and spices we already have at home. I'll cook some rice to help stretch the portions, and voila! Food for at least a couple days. The cheese bread will be a wonderful accompaniment.

I still haven't tried exercising yet at all. That nasty cough is lingering a bit, and I know I am still a bit weak and tired. It's like I can't get enough sleep! So just watering the garden or taking out the trash really wears me out, just the after effects of being sick for so long. I'm shooting for next week to start a routine again.

In the meantime I plan to stick around here and post as much as I can squeak out. It helps me to not veer off track totally, still thoughtful and still focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment