Monday, June 22, 2009

Baby Steps

I'm still losing, though by tiny increments... that's fine by me! I'm back down to 318.2, my lowest weight since I started in May. I am thrilled!

Even better is that this morning, I ran for 20 minutes straight!

I cannot tell you the mental block I had against doing this, which is funny because I have done it before, many a time! I just wasn't really sure I was ready, so I was scared I wouldn't be able to finish. I think I must give credit to miss Jenny, whom I mentioned yesterday and who was on my mind throughout my run today. I figure, if miss Jenny can prepare for a half-marathon while dealing with all that crazy breast cancer stuff, surely I can manage to run for 20 minutes straight. I kind of did it for Jenny.

So thanks, Jenny! I did it!

After a being in a really bad mindspace yesterday, today feels like a piece of cake. I'm really happy about where I am right now, mindspace-wise. Thank goodness. And you know, I think it is all the run's fault. It's because of that darned run that I feel so good.

I remember last year, doing the 20 minute run for the first time. It was MUCH harder back then than it was this time. I am clearly in much better shape now, which is pretty awesome, especially considering what an awful place I was in on May 1st, when I could barely walk for ten minutes without feeling like I was going to pass out. Look at me a month and a half later!

Yeah!

5 comments:

  1. You are my running HERO! I can't run 2 minutes without wondering how many people will attend my funeral. You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks Cammy! If I can do it, believe me, anyone can, including you. :) Start slow, work your way up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for being in better shape and able to run! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS on being at your lowest weight and running 20 minutes! You are an inspiration - I can't even run 5 minutes straight. Wow. Keep working hard. You are doing great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on hitting a new low weight - and on the 20 minutes of continuous running! You are my inspiration and proof that the C25K program works if you work it :)

    ReplyDelete