Friday, June 19, 2009

Can You Say "Plateau"?

Weight: 321
Total Weight loss: 15.6 pounds

I've stayed pretty much the same all of the month of June.

And you know? I'm kind of OK with that. I'm proud that I have kept up with the positive changes I made in my life starting in May (oh heck, starting last January with a few big hiccups), and I know I will continue losing weight. For now I am happy that I have been able to maintain, even while having some positively poor eating days. That tells me that I am doing other things right, at least.

This morning I completed Week 5, Day 2 of C25K! I'm very proud of this; it was tough.

Run 5 minutes
Walk 3 minutes
Run 8 minutes (!)
Walk 3 minutes
Run 5 minutes

Plus the usual warm up and cool down. I gotta say that the first 5 minute run made me feel like I wasn't going to be able to finish. But I just kept talking myself through it, breaking up the already short chunks of time into even smaller ones, to make it easier psychologically. And it worked! I didn't go quite as fast overall as I did the day before (3.3mph average vs. 3.5mph), but I still really surprised myself. I went farther than the last time, so close to the two mile mark (1.87, to be exact). I would be so fantastic if I could run 2 miles in a half hour, let me tell you! I'll get there.

It's going to be a busy weekend; I've got all kinds of things going on, but I do want to fit in a plain walk tomorrow morning and Day 3 (20 minutes of running!) of C25K on Sunday. Aside from that I have a freelance design project to work on, paintings to make in my studio, and a family get-together on Sunday to celebrate Father's Day. It's going to whiz by, so I need to make the best of my time!

And hey, since I almost never post photos, here is one of me taken just moments ago. I think it is always nice to put a face to a name (or online persona, for that matter). HI!

2 comments:

  1. I sympathize with the "stuck scale" syndrome . . . I haven't made any real progress on the scale since May. But I think you're right, maintaining is a victory in itself.

    Great photo - very nice smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something to be said for staying the same weight -- I think it shows that enough of your habits have changed that you are now a "different" person. Without much thinking about it, you maintained a 15 lb. loss, which is an awesome accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete