Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Poutlet

Grr. I'm back up to 321.6 this morning.

Though I still have to enter my dinner from yesterday (we ate at a friend's house whose whole family is on a diet), I am pretty sure I was A-OK on the eating front. It is true that I had no exercise yesterday, and it is true that I had Subway yesterday for lunch, and even more true that I was feeling very bloated yesterday. I am hoping, therefore, that this is just a case of water retention.

Oh, and not to mention that I still have my period! It's been over two weeks now! While this is very unusual indeed, I have had this happen to me before. Don't worry, I have a doctor's appointment at the end of the month and will mention the epic period. It's not been heavy at all since I returned from NH, a wee bit really, but enough that I still am chained to feminine hygiene products. No fun. So, who knows what kind of havoc this anomaly is wreaking on my weight loss efforts.

That said, I was kind of pissed off this morning and guess how I dealt with it? That's right, a trip to Dunkin' Donuts. Total damage: a small strawberry coolata and two donuts. Plus, I nommed on some coffee cake my mom sent me home with on Sunday. I know I was thinking it might be good to shake up my breakfast routine a bit, but I certainly didn't have this in mind. It was just plain emotional reaction, totally dumb.

And things are fine at home now, so I get through all that crap only to stumble on something as ridiculous as a little water retention. I know better than that.

Well, only one thing to do and that is track the food and try to do better for the rest of the day. At least later I'll be mowing the lawn and doing a little gardening.

I really appreciate having this blog as an outlet (I almost typed "poutlet"! Ha ha! That too) for times like this. Having just written about all this makes me feel much better, and certainly more rational. Thanks for reading. That is nice, too.

UPDATE: Ooooh yeah, did I ever go over on the sodium intake yesterday! I think that I'm going to have to say sayonara to my old pal Subway. It's just not worth it anymore. I'll make my own roast beef sandwich. I was slightly over on the cals, but not almost two pounds' worth. Oh well. Today's a new day, filled with yardwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment