Friday, June 26, 2009

Up All Night

Well, not really. Just up in the middle of the night because I went to bed way too early—like 7pm too early! I don't know what I was thinking, just tired and so glad that it's the weekend again. Going to bed at 7pm isn't something I could do on a worknight, that's for sure.

So here I am all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at three in the morning. I don't plan to stay up for too long, because I don't want to screw up my morning and rest of the day plans for tomorrow. I'll be doing Week 6 Day 2 of C25K, which is a big milestone as it is the last run with what I call "training wheels". That is, it is the last run with any walking segments aside from the warm up and cool down. Wow. I can believe I am that far already! From tomorrow through the next three and a half weeks, it's all 25 to 30 minute runs for me, three times a week. How exciting! I am just thrilled that I was able to come back from such a dismal state of fitness so recently. Just goes to show how amazing and resilient the human body can be.

That said, I have to admit that I am glad I won't be running for 25 minutes straight tomorrow. It'll be 10 minutes running, 3 walking, and 10 running. That seems much more doable, don't you think? Yet you'd be amazed at how a body will come through when it's time to do those longer runs. The C25K program really does prepare you without you even knowing it!

***

I also wanted to say now that I am proud of myself after today's lunch disaster that I ate a small dinner that kept me within my caloric boundaries (well, I hope so, anyway—I did have to guesstimate on many of the items I had for lunch, but I did so on the high end). It wasn't the most healthful dinner, granted, but it served its purpose. Yep, popcorn with parmesan cheese and hot sauce, plus some Hola Fruta Mango sherbet (about 3/4 of a cup). I wanted something easy and easily countable.

There is definitely a thread going through this past week. I was always looking for something fast and easy to eat and didn't feel like cooking most of the time. I need to make sure that I have healthy choices available for myself during those times, and I just wasn't prepared in that was this week. Hopefully I can do better with that next week, or at least plan a little better.

I'm feeling really good about things right now, even at 3am! Keeping up in this blog regularly has really helped me, as has reading lots of other blogs by people going through the same things I am, having the same struggles and concerns. Reading those blogs truly inspire me and keep me on track, no lie! I am thankful to each and every person who is wiling to share their experiences with the world, warts and all.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for compensating for the bigger-than-planned lunch with a lighter dinner! I think that "naturally thin" people do that more or less automatically, and that developing the ability to do it is key for people like us.

    You're doing so well with the C25K . . . keep up the great work, you're my inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete