Friday, June 26, 2009

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

Weight: 319.4
Total Weight loss: 17.2 pounds

Today's my "official" weigh-in day. I'm down from last week, so that makes me happy, but I am really, really up from yesterday, which makes me disappointed.

I'm not surprised, mind you. Sure, I've been exercising regularly and really enjoying that, but my eating has not been so great. It's been worse, but it could be much better. And I admit, I haven't been tracking my food much this week, either, which doesn't help. Yesterday could have been fine, but I made a few bad decisions at around (you guessed it!) dinner time. I didn't feel like cooking or shopping, and I didn't feel like having spaghetti leftovers, so I put the frozen pizza I had tucked away in the freezer in the oven. And proceeded to eat all of it—once it came out of the oven, of course! I'm talking a full-sized Tombstone extra cheese pizza. Not so good. On top of that I finished off a bag of, of all things, gummi bears.

I don't know what I have been thinking lately. I could really be making even more awesome progress if I got back on track here.

The one thing I did right last night was, after all that, drinking a tall glass of ice water and NOT having an ice cream sundae again. I could have, trust me.

It's a good possibility that this two and a half pound gain resulted in part from all the sodium I likely consumed yesterday; I still haven't conquered my Subway addiction and had a roast beef sub for lunch. That's a lot of sodium.

When I was walking this morning, my fingers blew up like balloons. All this is really no surprise. Hopefully today will be a good one, and I can make up for my transgressions quickly.

It's nice to not be too upset about this! I know what I did wrong, and I know that I can fix it by getting back on track. And I made sure to get out for a good half hour walk even though I didn't feel so hot initially. I knew that if I didn't, I'd regret it. The times that are most important to get exercise in are the times when you really don't want to do it... that's when you need it most, I think!

Anyway, I am pleased to see an overall loss this past week and we'll leave it at that.

ETA: I just figured out that I am still averaging over a 2 pound loss per week, which is indeed great! I just have to keep it up.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on being down from last week, and over 2 lbs per week is terrific!

    I'm sure the pop up is water retention . . . same thing happens to me. I love sushi and in general it's really healthy, but the sodium in the soy sauce gets me every time!

    ReplyDelete