Tuesday, June 23, 2009

One day, another day, and another

This is pretty much how I get through. Do one day, try another, and one more... before you know it, you're finding yourself... making progress of some kind or another. It might be slow, but it's progress nonetheless. For me lately progress is more about continuing to be active on a daily basis, and making sure that my Physics Diet chart stays in the green almost all the time (and I have, and it has). So while the pounds may not be falling off me, I am still progressing. I'm becoming more fit and my weight is still on a downward trend, albeit a slow one.

I'm hanging out in the 318 now, apparently. I was up ever-so-slightly today, but have hopes that I'll see a good loss soon. I still covet the 315! I expect the 315.

I did go for a 30-minute walk this morning despite feeling quite yucky (PMS, no doubt), and worked up a good sweat, too. This is some of the progress I am talking about. Doing it even when I don't necessary feel like it. Making a routine. I knew that if I didn't do it, I would regret it for the rest of the day. The simple act of walking (or running) makes all the difference. It is solid proof that I am doing something for myself.

For lunch today I am seeing the doctor. I had an appointment scheduled for the 30th, but called the nurse yesterday to say that, gee, my period never really stopped this month and I'm about to head into my next one, is there a problem with that? She promptly told me that I could have the first appointment of the day today, which is at noon. I have a feeling it's just the birth control I am on making my insides all wacked out, but I guess you never know. I'm a little nervous to be honest, but... well, it's probably nothing. They'll probably pat me on the head and give me a lollypop and send me on my way, silly girl.

(NOTE: My periods have always been weird, so this is not SO unusual, though I admit that I have never had a period last for over three weeks before. No doubt it's been screwing up my weight loss, too.)

Wish me luck! I'll report back dutifully to let you know how it went.

1 comment:

  1. Your actions are very similar to how I approached my weight loss. Just put your head down and DO IT, no matter what 'it' you're facing at the time. You WILL see 315, and I'll bet it will get here more quickly when the cycles straighten out. I can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete