Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What, another post?

It's just one of those days when I feel like I have to process everything that is going through my head. I'm having another emotional day, I guess.

Well, after the doctor's visit I was pretty hungry for lunch, and for the second day in a row I had a Subway roast beef sub. This is surely much better than McDonald's or any other fast food option, but the bad things are that a) I think I am kind of addicted to Subway roast beef subs on honey oat bread with all the fixins (except for lettuce and banana peppers), red wine vinaigrette, and black pepper! Being compulsive about a food is never a good thing, so even though I have said it before, I'll say it again (and mean it!)—I need to stop going to Subway for at least a while. Not to mention, it gets expensive, especially since they took roast beef off the $5 list! I definitely do not need to throw money around like that, not when I am worried about paying the bills.

So anyway. It's not that I feel guilty about it, not really, but I kind of DO! I need to start taking lunches regularly again, for sure.

The evening is pretty well planned. When I get home, I'm going to shuck some corn on the cob, and then while C. is grilling the corn and steaks for dinner, I am going to mow the front lawn. Eat dinner, then work in the garden a little bit, then work on freelance design stuff a little bit, maybe watch some TV, then hit the sack by 10:30 so I can get a good run in tomorrow morning—C25K Week 6! Wow.

It's sure is nice to have the evening planned, but it tires me out just thinking about it. I'm tired enough sitting in my cube at work, feeling sluggish. Hopefully the physical activity with pep me up a bit.

***

I forgot to mention that when I rolled out of bed this morning, my right knee twinged! Like, I almost twisted it or something, that's what it felt like! But, I have no idea how that could have happened. It was just fine when I went to bed last night! Throughout the day it's been in and out with a slight pain. All I can say is, it better right itself soon!

2 comments:

  1. Holy moly you are doing great on C25K! That's awesome.
    I kind of have a mild Subway addiction too!
    But since I like to save $$$ and I often get so inspired by other people's (food blog) lunches it makes me want to get creative and pack my own.
    Now Subway is like, only once every couple months when I'm stuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grilled steak and corn . . . yum!

    Hope your knee is better and not interfering with your C25K week 6.

    ReplyDelete