Saturday, June 27, 2009

New low, totally high!

I learned such a good lesson yesterday. Just because you overindulge on one meal doesn't mean all is lost for the day. If you work hard to make up for it, you can still save the day. And save the day, did I ever!

I slept for a long time last night, even with the time I was up in the middle of the night—about ten hours! I guess I needed it, though, and when I woke up, I saw that old Aunt Flow arrived. Again. Still. Whatever. So I was feeling pretty crappy, not very strong, and just draggy in general. But I was really looking forward to finishing the last of the "training wheel" sessions of C25K so I told myself that I could just get out and give it a try, and that if it was too much for my body, I could stop, or do less. Just so that I got out there, at least. Well, it turned out to be my most difficult C25K run so far, even though it had some walking... I just didn't have my usual energy and strength. I made it through, though, I am happy to say, and my speed wasn't as bad as I thought, 3.3 mph average for the whole session, including warm-up and cool down. Just .2 mph under my best, so that's pretty good considering how crappy I was feeling.

When I got home and hopped on the scale (well, after a few minutes of cooling down and resting—I needed it!) I was amply rewarded for having a small dinner last night, and for my efforts this morning, showing 316.2, my lowest yet since December! What a thrill. Is it possible that I will finally see 315 this week? Well, I expect it, but I won't hold my breath, either. Hm, does that cancel out my expectations? Nah, I am just very happy that I have passed the 20 pound mark and that I am well ensconced in the 310s, period. There's just something about 315 right now... I hate to obsess over numbers, but man! I want to get there so badly!

Ideally I'd like to see 310 by my company picnic on July 11. It's definitely doable, but at the same time I know a lot of it will rely on what's going on with my body, too. I mean, I held onto 321-ish for several weeks! We'll see. Ultimately I would just really like to be out of the 300s by the end of August, that is what I am really shooting for, which gives me some wiggle room. If I can do that, I'll finally be caught up to where I was last year at around the same time, and from then on it's going to be all new territory. I'm so looking forward to that.

PS: I'm moving my official weigh-in to Saturdays.

2 comments:

  1. You go!! Soo proud of you for working out today in spite of how you were feeling, and all the other excuses we have given ourselves in the past. I like that you told yourself to at least try, see what you can do..

    I am so excited along with you about reaching new lows. :) Or highs as far as # of lbs lost.
    ChrissyS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on crossing the 20-pound mark! You're doing such an awesome job with keeping up with the C25K, celebrating your good days, and learning from the not-as-good days! It's a certain recipe for long-term success!

    ReplyDelete