Sunday, June 21, 2009

A Rough Day

I had one of the worst days, emotionally, today that I've had in a long time. I'm sure it is just PMS but that fact doesn't make any less rough. I was so weepy! I ended up taking a nap for a while just so that I would stop thinking bad thoughts. All very general stuff, nothing specific, just an overall feeling of malaise.

I'm feeling a little better now but kind of dreading returning to work tomorrow, which is stressing me out a little bit. I won't go into it too much here, but I am just trying to work things out for myself in my own head.

Weight-wise, it's going well. I was down just a wee bit more this morning, and if I had bothered going on my run it no doubt would have been even better, but no matter. Yep, I skipped my run. I just couldn't do it, couldn't bring myself to trying. Just one of those days!

PMS. Blech.

NOTE: I just found out that an old friend from my college days was just diagnosed with breast cancer. She has a blog about what's going on. This is from her Facebook, which some friends of hers "hacked" to write this message:

"This is the fastest way for us to let ya'll know that Jenny is running in the Rock n' Roll 1/2 marathon in Seattle on Saturday, June 27th. While this marathon is not typically a "fundraiser", we're makin' it one! FOR JENNY'S BOOBS!

Yes, Jenny has medical insurance but this damn breast cancer is still gonna rock her checking account by as much as $20,000. So while the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Fund is a worthy cause, we would like to ask you to consider a breast cancer donation directly toward Jenny's medical bills.

Let's make this as low stress for Jenny as possible. Rob & April are gonna collect any amount that you would like to give ($100? $75? $50?) and then we'll get one lump (no pun intended) sum to Jenny. There is power in FaceBook and the friends of Jenny's we can reach through this portal. Jenny has brought love and happiness and sunshine to so many of our lives; let's show her how much we love her and want to support her through this new challenge.

Cancer picked the WRONG bitch! Jenny is gonna kick cancer's ass!

Checks can be sent (and made out) to April Rauch, 8724 Jones Place NW, Seattle, WA 98117 or email with any questions: april@windermere.com
or get in touch with Rob at rcramp@u.washington.edu

Please support Jenny's boobs! And, in fact, hit up your friends who may not know Jenny but may care about breast cancer. This contribution will go 100% to the proper cause: Jenny's rack!"

Go Jenny! Kick it!

Puts things in perspective for sure.

3 comments:

  1. I don't think you need to blame pms for being upset. A cancer disgnosis for someone you love is hard to take. I'll say a prayer for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some days it's good to fight through the *blechs*, but other days it's just better to ride it out. Here's hoping you can fight through.

    So sorry to read about your friend, but she's got some great people behind her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am lucky that I have my boyfriend supporting me, who has seen this happen to me many times before, telling me that I will be just fine, probably tomorrow. I have to say, he is always right about these things, so I take comfort in that.

    Seashore, I found out about my friend just an hour or two ago, when I was well into a day of down and low. I never knew her that well, but we share very good friends between us, and as I said to her, thanks to the wonders of Facebook, we can make up for lost time and become better friends! Fortunately her diagnosis is not life-threatening, so I think she will come out of this OK.

    Thanks for the good thoughts!

    ReplyDelete