Friday, June 12, 2009

Making Good Choices

Whether planned or by chance, making good choices makes me feel, well, good. Remember how I told you earlier that I was going to use my Coldstone Creamery coupon to get my free birthday ice cream today? Well, I did, but to my surprise when I went to enter it into my Daily Plate account, I found out that my choice only amounted to about 420 calories! Not shabby for a full-on, honest-to-god birthday treat. I had a "like it" sized raspberry sorbet with two mix-ins: chocolate brownie and fudge. It was delicious and very satisfying in both taste and size. The old me might have paid extra for the next size up only to realize that it was really too much, but would eat it anyway. This was a perfect treat for me.

I did track all my food today and came in on the low side, surprisingly enough. But, I got no exercise (except for running around a good portion of the day—being a guest artist at Starlight, an art program from developmentally disabled adults; getting my ice cream; getting my license renewed and upgraded to an "enhanced" license that will get me into Canada, Mexico, and the Carribbean) and drank NO water at all! I had a few glasses of diet soda. I've been having them here and there, and I don't know... I'm not sure why. I'm not making a big deal out of it but I will say that I do prefer getting through a day knowing that I didn't drink it. It's just nasty stuff. I'm just really anti-artificial sweetener these days; I really would rather eat less of a food made with real sugar and fat. I'm not into fat-free or even low-fat cheese. 2% milk is fine, but that is where I draw the line. I know many of you would disagree with this or think I am crazy, but that's just what works for me.

We had Chinese take-out for dinner, which may spell trouble with bloating on the scale tomorrow. But, whatever! I feel that today was a successful day in that I did what I set out to do: make more conscious choices again, and track my food intake. Maybe I'll go get myself some water and count that as a good measure, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment